Clinical studies and anecdotal evidence agree that the use of hypnosis during labour shortens the first stage of labour, significantly reduces and even eliminates pain, reduces the need for medication, results in fewer interventions and surgical births, minimises fear during pregnancy, and leaves mothers and babies alert and energetic after birth.
What outcomes can I expect from the sessions?
- Release fear using methods which allow you to be relaxed and confident for the birth of your baby
- Self-hypnotise; inducing deep relaxation
- Use massage techniques – stimulating endorphins, your body’s natural anaesthetic
- Visualise your birth to keep you grounded, serene and positive
- Understand how your mind and body work together efficiently and comfortably
What are the benefits of HypnoBirthing?
- Allows your baby to enter the world calmly and gently and drug free
- With HypnoBirthing you are likely to experience a natural, calm, comfortable birth
- It often shortens the length of labour
- HypnoBirthing lessens the physical impact of childbirth
- The father is actively involved, he knows that he has played an important role in the birth of his child
- You will be more alert and in control
- You may find you don’t need any pain relief at all